Planning our route has been the fun part so far. From the West Coast of British Columbia to the Deserts of Arizona, there is one thing for sure. You have to cross the mountains at some point. As we are leaving in late December, we have opted to take the fastest route, to get thru any inclement weather as fast as we can. We have been fortunate to hear of the travels of our friends, on their journeys, and will be able to benefit from their experiences. I am curious to see if we will be able to stick to the plan, or if last minute alterations will be required. I will provide links to all the stopping points at the bottom of this post. So without further adieu;
OUR ROUTE (as planned.)
- Saturday, Day One, we have opted for a very short journey. Our first stop will be the Tulalip Casino, about 2 hrs south of the Canada / USA border. This will be a non-hook-up stop as we are familiar with the area and the Casino has security vehicles patrolling. Interstate #5.
- Sunday, Day Two, we will travel to the Seven Feathers Casino and R.V. Resort near Canyonville Oregon, 410 miles. We want to do this on Sunday so we go around Seattle and Portland when we have the least traffic. We will take Exit 182, off I5, to get onto route 405, bypassing Seattle. It automatically rejoins I5 south of Seattle. We will also do the same around Portland Oregon on route 205. This is a good days drive and will put is in a good position to cross the Siskiyou Mountains. We will pay for hook ups here. This is the one spot the weather plays an important part, as there maybe snow and the Route across the mountains maybe closed. I’m told that a good hint here is that if there is snow and snowplows have been out, the best thing to do is wait awhile in the morning to let the big trucks go first. Next stop California. Interstate #5.
- Monday, Day Three, we hope to be in Corning California, stopping over at the Rolling Hills Casino, 265 miles. From this point on, we should be into California weather, as we continue south. Interstate #5.
- Tuesday, Day Four should see us in Bakersfield after another long days drive, 400 miles. We have a few options here. Either take an early stop at Tachi Palace Casino near Lemoore CA., or Continue to Bakersfield, another 86 miles. Our plan is to drive to Bakersfield along Interstate #5 to Hwy 58 with a stopover for the night at Rosedale. We are told a good alternate route is Highway 99, but there is a lot of Big Truck traffic on that Route.
- Wednesday, Day Five brings us to the Palm Springs Area via Hwy 58 East, then Hwy 247 South. Final destination for the day would be the Morongo Casino Resort / Spa & OUTLET MALL, near Cabazone CA. An alternate to this overnight stay would be the Carefree RV Resort, near Indio, CA.
- Thursday, Day Six, south on Hwy 86, passed the Salton Sea & Brawley, then south on Hwy 111 to El Centro and then east on Hwy 18 to our final destination of Yuma, AZ and the Del Pueblo RV Resort.
As promised, here are the links;
- Tulalip Casino
- Seven Feathers Casino
- Rolling Hills Casino RV Park
- Tachi Palace Casino
- Morongo Casino Resort
- ResortRolling Hills Casino